Sunday, January 10, 2010

number two

Oh but wait...

There was this kid, yes I do mean kid. He fights fires. I will call him firefighter #2 ... or maybe just #2 (for short). It started just about six months ago. I can summarize the relationship with a series of one-liners said by #2 to me. In order, each one-liner represents the actual progression of the relationship. Warning: Confusion is likely.

1. "I'm so glad that you've come into my life... you're such a positive, fun person to be around"
2. "Everyone asks me if we're dating. Are we?"
3. "I don't know what I want."
4. "You're the most kind-hearted person I know."
5. "I don't know what I want."
6. "I can see after we've been married for twenty years..."
7. "I can't make any plans. I am busy until December." (said October-ish)
8. "I don't want to mess things up between us."
9. "So you're saying I could come over and make out with you and we can still assume we're on the friendship level?!"
...and finally the last one-liner of the relationship...
10. "You said we needed to back off, so that's what I was doing."

And the winner goes to... One-Liner #7!
Current Status: Communication lines have been cut.

So #2 and I? ... well it was fun sometimes and confusing more times. 2010 will bring better options.

...and no more firefighters.

No comments: