Thursday, July 2, 2009

the ring.

I never use to look for it. I could hardly remember what hand it goes on. I was quite oblivious. But things are changing. I am quickly realizing that looking for the ring is crucial - and spotting it can be a real bummer.

Case in point...
A really cute guy had caught my eye in the computer lab at my school. Everyday that I had class, I would see him, and we often would catch eachother in eye contact. I thought to myself, I need to strike up a conversation with this guy. So, I finally work up the nerve to say something ... I see him in the computer lab ... I sat within chatting distance ... I glance over and remember to check the left hand ... and sure enough a wedding band. Case closed. This guy is off the market. Bummer.

So I'm learning. Check the left hand. Not only is it an availability indicator, but awkward conversation preventer for sure. It's a must.

No comments: